THAT ALL-IMPORTANT COUNSELOR RELATIONSHIP Before or possibly at the beginning of your personal teen’s younger year, schedule and appointment to meet with the guidance counselor. This conference will allow the counselor know that you are the involved parent and that you are going to be taking an active role while having teen’s graduating high school years. It will also serve to establish a relationship between your teen and also the counselor designed to benefit them in the future when they begin to demand more and more benefit the college app process.
Here are some thoughts you should question at that meeting:
- What simple academic tutorials do you advocate for students who wish to go to school?
- How many numerous years of each school subject will the high school need for school?
- What elective courses would you recommend with regard to college-bound scholars?
- Can young people who are taking into account college get special assist or training?
- What pursuits can college students do at your house or over our summer to strengthen their preparation meant for college?
- So what can different universities (liberal artistry, business, technological, community) will need in terms of graduating high school grades as well as SAT or simply ACT lots?
- What types of community scholarship options are available?
- Are there scholarship programs available in your working environment for students to take a look through?
At this interacting with you will also manage to, along with the counselor, map out software plan for she or he.